Aon Hewitt has just launched the latest European Employee Benefits Benchmark (EEBB) report, “Employee Benefits: Getting the Mix Right”. The study focuses on how benefits might influence employees’ relationships with their employers.
The report is based on a survey of more than 7,500 workers from across Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Ireland, The Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Switzerland and the UK. The Benchmark focuses on the views of these workers from across Europe on topics such as retirement, employee benefits and other pension-related issues.
Surprisingly, the desire for greater pension contributions from employers is uniformly the benefit most requested across all surveyed countries.
Below is a list of the top 10 benefits that Europeans would like as part of their pay package:
1. A higher pension contribution from your employer (49%)
2. Greater financial protection in the event of illness/injury (35%)
3. A savings plan to help save for a specific goal (26%)
4. Ability to take 3 – 6 months unpaid or part-paid leave (26%)
5. An education course of the worker’s choice (23%)
6. Childcare (18%)
7. Alternative healthcare treatments (15%)
8. Purchase extra vacation days (13%)
9. A home cleaning and ironing service (10%)
10. Company mobile phone (9%)
Access the full text online.