Eurostat has just published an online publication on “Quality of Life Indicators”. The aim is to complement the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) indicator, traditionally used to measure economic and social development, with others that can offer a more detailed analysis of many different dimensions of quality of life in the EU.
The publication measures 8+1 dimensions that represent the different complementary aspects of quality of life:
1. Material living conditions
2. Productive or main activity
5. Leisure and social interactions
6. Economic and physical safety
7. Governance and basic rights
8. Natural and living environment
9. Overall experience of life
Trends over time and differences between countries or demographic groups are also discussed.
Check out the Quality of life indicators here.