Since the World Health Organization declared the coronavirus outbreak a pandemic on March 11, COVID-19 has disrupted just about every facet of daily life. Not only have the economy, health systems, business activity and company stocks been affected by the virus; for many even the daily ritual of going to the office has been halted!
Business and economic leaders are dealing with unprecedent levels of disruption and uncertainty. Even though it’s hard to stay calm, carry on and remain optimistic, especially when human lives are involved, we should focus on the opportunities for innovation that every crisis creates. This is a time for people to take more risks, center on what really matters, and embrace the opportunity to lead.
By taking proactive steps now, businesses could be in a more secure position to stay strong and recover faster once the crisis subsides. Experts agree that a robust developed crisis response capability at all levels is required to ensure the efficient management of incidents in order to minimize associated negative impacts.
The Library understands that access to information is crucial to provide a perspective on the current situation. Here we offer a range of useful resources for learning how to be resilient in the face of this and any other global threat. Stay safe!
1. Analysts’ Covid-19 Reports on Business & Industries Impact
Understand the COVID-19 outbreak, its impact and initial implications for specific sectors. Some highlighted reports:
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): Executive Briefing
- Financial Services: Retail, payments, wealth and insurance sectors adapting to the COVID-19 financial shut down
- Global Automotive Industry: Severe impact from the coronavirus economic shutdown
- Global Construction: Coronavirus and the future of the industry
- Global Sport Industry: Coronavirus to cause serious financial and logistical implications
Find analysis on the Coronavirus impact on industries and consumers.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): Understanding the Impact
- Search in Passport for the following reports (permanent links are not available):
– Mapping the Effects of Coronavirus on Consumer Health
– Short and long term effects of COVID-19 on industries and consumers
– The Impact of Coronavirus on Home Care
– The Impact of Coronavirus on Hot Drinks
– The Impact of the Coronavirus on the Airline Industry
ThomsonOne Research (Remember! It only Works in Internet Explorer!)
Go to Screening & Analysis> Research to retrieve industry and company analyst reports from renowned financial analysts such as:
– Barclays. European Banks Capital at Risk from Covid-19
– Deutsche Bank. Covid-19 update: Potential scenario for European Hotels
– GlobalData. Coronavirus (COVID-19) Executive Briefing
– HSBC Global Research. Covid-19 in Europe
– JP Morgan. COVID 19 Europe
– Morgan Stanley. Sustainability: Covid-19 effects on employees, productivity and corporate reputation
2. IESE Faculty Analysis
Articles, reports, webminars, etc. by IESE faculty responding to the Covid-19 outbreak and its impact on business.
3. White Papers on Covid-19 and Business & Industry Impact (Free)
KPGM. Embedding Resilience
A guide to the business implications of COVID-19.
McKinsey Co. Coronavirus: Leading Through the Crisis
Insights on how organizations can respond, and what happens next
Moody’s. Coronavirus Effects
The economic and trade disruption caused by the coronavirus outbreak has spread from the APAC region to the rest of the world. The impact on economies, sectors and issuer credit profiles will depend on the severity and duration of the crisis.
Morningstar. Coronavirus Economic Impact on Industries and Markets: The Latest
A look at how the coronavirus is rattling the markets and what investors can do to navigate it.
S&P Global. COVID-19 Coverage
This collection of content includes our analyses and insights on how COVID-19 may impact public health, the global economy, and commodity markets as the situation develops.
Politico. Coronavirus Will Change the World Permanently. Here’s How
A crisis on this scale can reorder society in dramatic ways, for better or worse. Here are 34 big thinkers’ predictions for what’s to come.
4. Analyst Reports on Technology
Find analysis of technology impact on Business such as:
- The Adaptive Workforce Will Drive The Future Of Work
- Build An Adaptive Enterprise To Survive Uncertainty
- Craft Your Brand Response Strategy For Pandemics And Other Uncontrollable Crises
- Forrester Now. Reading recommendations regarding the Coronavirus outbreak
- Is The Cloud Ready For The COVID-19 Pandemic?
- Prepare your Organization for a Pandemic
- Use The Coronavirus Outbreak As An Opportunity To Shore Up Business Continuity Plans
- Work from Home is Simply Step One: Employee Relationship Management for COVID-19
Research on technology applied to business to overcome the pandemic.
- COVID-19: What the Board of Directors Needs to Know
- Coronavirus Resource Center
- Toolkit: Pandemic Preparedness Briefing
- React to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak via Raising Business Model Resilience
- Critical Capabilities for Business Continuity Management Program Solutions, Worldwide
- Overcoming the COVID-19 Crisis Through Pandemic Preparedness
- A CIOs Guide to COVID-19 Communications
5. Analyst Reports on Marketing
6. International Organizations & Analysts’ Economic Reports
- Tackling the coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Coronavirus: The world economy at risk – OECD Economic Outlook – Interim Report March 2020
ThomsonOne Research (Only Works in Internet Explorer!)
Go to Screening & Analysis> Research to retrieve Investing/Economic analyst reports from renowned financial analysts such as:
– Deutsche Bank. Economics Special Report. Impact of Covid-19 on the Global Economy: Beyond the Abyss
– HSBC Global Economics Quarterly: Shockdown
– JP Morgan Stay Safe and Think Long Term
– Oxford Economics Research Country Economic Forecasts
– UBS European Economic Perspectives. Europe: Assessing the Macro Fallout of Covid-19
7. Statistics on Coronavirus
Statista contains facts and insights on several Coronavirus topics such as:
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Disease Pandemic- Statistics & Facts
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak in Spain
Statistics and facts about the novel coronavirus and COVID-19 outbreak in Spain
- DossierPlus. Measures Against COVID-19
- Coronavirus: Impact on the Global Economy
- Coronavirus: Impact on the Sports Industry
- Coronavirus: Impact on Financial Markets Worldwide
8. Articles & Expert Briefings on Coronavirus
9. Track COVID-19 Related Business News
- Coronavirus News
- FT Coronavirus Business Update (Get 30 days’ complimentary access to the pink paper’s Coronavirus Business Update newsletter)
10. Research News & Funding
Exlibris. Highlighted Funding Opportunities
The Ex Libris Research Professional and Pivot® funding services are providing free access to a list of select funding opportunities related to combatting the coronavirus and COVID-19.