Just as the Class of 2016 said their goodbyes at IESE MBA´s Graduation ceremony last Friday, we, in Admissions, are busy wrapping up the Class of 2018. As our Round 4 deadline is behind us, I wanted to take a moment to share 5 tips for those pre MBA candidates out there considering to apply for the Fall 2017 intake.
1. Take advantage of the summer to improve those test scores. Our first deadline for the fall 2017 intake will be in October 2016. Even though that seems far away now, it sneaks up on you very quickly! Also, there are always unexpected work demands that creep up and distract you from studying. Start studying now for the GMAT or GRE exam to allow yourself time to get the score that you want. You might also be required to take an English exam. Please check our admissions requirements to determine if you are exempt from this requirement.
2. Meet our alumni & students. In summer, we will host global coffee chats to give you an opportunity to meet our students who are doing their internships all around the world. We will also host several global events where you can meet our alumni. Check our events page regularly to stay up to date with the most recent events.
3. Learn more about the program. Visit our website, download our brochure, subscribe to our blog, meet our admissions Directors as they travel around the world, and follow us on facebook and twitter! Most importantly visit our campus in Barcelona, New York, Munich, Sao Paulo or Madrid! You can email firstname.lastname@example.org in order to schedule a tour. Be prepared for those difficult admissions questions in the interview by arming yourself with information!
4. Check our website for the new application in July. In July we will release the new application with any updated essays and other requirements. So please check our online application in July 2016 to start planning your application process for the fall 2017 intake.
5. Not sure if you are the right fit for IESE? Did you know you can request preliminary feedback on your profile? Request feedback today so you know you are on the right track!
I hope to meet each of you on the road or on campus this coming year!!
Itziar de Ros
Director of MBA Admissions