The Lifelong Lessons of my IESE MiM Experience, Alejandro Garcon MiM 21

It must be true what they say that when you enjoy something, time flies by, and I can’t believe that my MiM experience is already coming to an end. It seems like only yesterday that I met my classmates for the first time and began my journey at IESE. After many cases and thousands of lessons, I can now say that I have graduated from the MiM. I would not only say that I have graduated, I would also say that I have just lived one of the best experiences in which I have developed both as a person and as a professional, and something that I will carry with me for the rest of my life. 

During these months, I have been able to see my progress throughout the different periods. For me, it has been especially important to be able to see how I understood again in a totally different way some concepts that I had first seen during my bachelor’s and that have helped me enormously to consolidate my learning. On the other hand, it has been very gratifying to be able to learn completely new things since it has allowed me to increase my knowledge to a great extent and discover many interesting topics.

In this sense, in this last period I chose to do the Finance track since the MiM classes related to finance had helped me a lot to expand my understanding of this subject and to obtain a different vision of the concepts. During this track, I have had the opportunity to take subjects that have opened the doors to many essential parts of the financial world such as “Banking” or “Mergers & Acquisitions”, which have helped me to deepen my knowledge in both fields. Additionally, I have also taken courses that have sparked my interest and I believe that they have provided me with knowledge that goes beyond financial matters. In this sense, I would like to highlight the “Personal Finance” and “Business Analysis and Valuation” courses. I believe that both have taught me many lessons that I will be able to apply in my life and in my career.

The best part is I was able to focus more on finance, and still had the opportunity to take one of the courses in the Data & Analytics track, more specifically the Tableau course – a course that has allowed me to learn to use the program without any previous knowledge and acquire skills that are very demanded by employers. Personally, I greatly value being able to take subjects from different tracks and to learn about such different fields. Although it has been a challenge, for me it has been very satisfying to be able to acquire basic knowledge and then work from there to master a tool.

Overall, I value very positively the opportunity to choose a track and specialize in a subject, taking advantage of IESE’s resources and the excellent faculty in its classrooms. After all the different subjects I have taken during these months, being able to specialize in a particular area has allowed me to deepen my knowledge of many concepts and greatly expand on the topics we covered in the MiM. Another aspect that I would like to highlight is the fact that the tracks mix students from different classes, this has allowed me to interact in class with new people and to be able to discuss the cases and activities with them, which has given me a different perspective. These interactions with my classmates have been precisely something that has given me a lot throughout the course, I believe that the case method allows me to get the most out of the knowledge of each student and this has been demonstrated to me during all these months. It has been very enriching to be able to share our opinions in class, to understand the views of my classmates and to learn the most from each of our visions.

Finally, I believe that thanks to our classmates and their desire to learn, to the teachers and their determination to make us learn and to all the people who have made these incredible months possible, today we are completely different people than when we started. Full of desire, knowledge and prepared to generate that positive impact that I am sure we will all achieve in the future.

Alejandro completed his undergraduate studies at Universitat de Barcelona and recently joined Amazon, Madrid as a Brand Specialist. Congratulations to Alejandro and our MiM Class of 2021 on their graduation!

Pursue your Master in Management! Take these next steps today:

Alejandro Garçon Muñoz View more

MiM Class of 2021

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alejandrogarcon/